Re: Identifying a set of Main Bearings, TR 4A

To: "jmwagner" <jmwagner@greenheart.com>, "Triumph Newsgroup" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Identifying a set of Main Bearings, TR 4A
From: "Michael Marr" <mmarr@idcnet.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Aug 1998 20:42:44 -0500charset="iso-8859-1"
They may have been made by Vandervell (the builders of the Vanwall Formula 1
car of the late 50s).  They are now part of Glacier-Vandervell, and have a
an American branch, the contact for which is listed in "Americash Mall".
(http://www.americashmall.com/Classads/GlacierVandervell.htm)  Maybe this
guy can identify the part number for you.  If they are Vandervell bearings
they are excellent quality.  I think that Glacier-Vandervell have a division
called "Clevite", that produce some of the old Vandervell bearings, but I
may be misinformed on this!!