sound advice sought

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: sound advice sought
From: "Philip E. Barnes" <peb3@cornell.edu>
Date: Thu, 27 Aug 1998 11:50:25 -0400
I'm thinking of going modern with the sound system in my TR6. That means
chucking the 20-year-old AM/FM/cassette unit. I'd like to install a CD
player, but all the units are the DIN-style cases. I'd like some thoughts
from someone who's made the change about what's involved. I realize I'll
have to machine the opening in the dash support, but that's no problem. How
does the unit secure in the support? Speaker placement is something I'm
considering as well. I have the kidney pads with 4" speakers, but I'd like
to add some speakers in the rear. Has anyone placed them in the panel that
conceals the fuel tank? I'd rather not put them in stand-alone boxes, since
they'll slide all over the rear shelf and whack me in the head in an
accident. Any thoughts on this are appreciated, including "Waddaya want a
radio for?"

Phil Barnes (peb3@cornell.edu)
'71 TR6  CC61193L (21 year owner)