Re: TR4 Speedometer - OD vs. non-OD

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: TR4 Speedometer - OD vs. non-OD
From: Chip Old <fold@bcpl.net>
Date: Thu, 27 Aug 1998 08:10:39 -0400 (EDT)
On Wed, 26 Aug 1998, J. Robinson wrote:

> Anybody on the list know how to tell an OD calibrated speedo from a non-OD
> speedo on a TR-4?  There was a thread on this recently covering TR-6 which
> jogged my curiosity since I have a similar problem, a  speedo with mph
> consistently running 6-7% fast on my non-OD equipped TR-4.

Easiest way to tell is by the part number on the face of the dial.  Don't
have my parts book here at work, but will try to remember to look it up
this evening.  Remind me if necessary.

Chip Old                      1948 M.G. TC  TC6710  NEMGTR #2271
Cub Hill, Maryland            1962 Triumph TR4  CT3154LO
fold@bcpl.net