Re: TR4 Speedometer - OD vs. non-OD

To: jrobins@nwc.net
Subject: Re: TR4 Speedometer - OD vs. non-OD
From: KTRIUMPH@aol.com
Date: Thu, 27 Aug 1998 05:54:47 EDT
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net

<< Anybody on the list know how to tell an OD calibrated speedo from a non-OD
 speedo on a TR-4?  There was a thread on this recently covering TR-6 which
 jogged my curiosity since I have a similar problem, a  speedo with mph
 consistently running 6-7% fast on my non-OD equipped TR-4. >>

Jordan
There is no "overdrive" speedo unit. An OD doesn't change the rpm of the
output shaft in relation to the rear wheels. Same speedo.

Ken Nuelle
58 TR3A
62 TR3B
64 TR4