Triumph Bug

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Triumph Bug
From: Dennis Barr <tr357@cdsnet.net>
Date: Wed, 26 Aug 1998 21:13:51 -0700
In 1960, I was attending the University of Oregon and kind of hung out
at Shepard Motors in Eugene. They handled DB's Healeys and of course
Triumphs. One of the salesmen felt sorry for this poor country kid from
the hills of southern Oregon and one Saturday gave me a "test" ride in a
TR3. I remember feeling that NO car could go around a curve at the
speeds he drove and stay on the road. It did ! I have never forgotton
that Saturday morning. Later I found out that this particular saleperson
was a driver for a racing team. That knowledge ,however, has never
diminished the memory of that ride; perhaps even enhanced it !
Thanks for listening.
Dennis Barr