Triumph bug

To: <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Triumph bug
From: "Scott Decker" <sdecker@bellsouth.net>
Date: Thu, 27 Aug 1998 20:58:43 -0400charset="iso-8859-1"
This might not be as long as some, but it still explains how I got 'the
bug'...

I'm 9.  My uncle has a 65 TR4A in great shape.  I like it, but don't
understand what it really is.  Fast forward to 1986--I'm 16 now.  My uncle
has just purchased a 68 Mk. I GT6 in good condition.  I go over for a visit
and fall in love with the car.  Conveniently, I'm dying for a car and he's
not sure he wants to spend the time restoring this one.  For 1200 bucks,
paid 100 monthly, I'm 16 and the proud owner of my first TR.  Life's never
been the same since!  I bet I got the old "Is that a Jag-ewe-are" and "Hey,
that's an MG, right?" about 1000 times but never got tired of puffing up my
chest and saying, "No, it's a TRIUMPH GT-6!"  Kinda like now, with the '70
when its on the road.

My .02.

Later!

Scott Decker