RE: painting suspension/frame

To: "'kehrlich@dyax.com'" <kehrlich@dyax.com>, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: RE: painting suspension/frame
From: "Gambony, Jim" <jim.gambony@eds.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Aug 1998 15:12:43 -0500
Keith,

The PO of my '73 1500 had used POR-15 on the floor pan without knocking the
heavy scale off.  Two years later the POR-15 was bubbling off....   The
lesson here is that slight surface rust might be acceptable... but heavy
corrosion negates the effect.

I've beadblasted and POR-15'd suspension parts for the Spit, and they've
held up well so far.

Jim