TR4A corroded trailing arm

To: "INTERNET:triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: TR4A corroded trailing arm
From: Tony Rhodes <ARhodes@compuserve.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Aug 1998 13:24:16 -0400
During my restoration of my TR4A, I had originally thought that the
"cast alloy" read semi-trailing arms were in perfect condition.  Well,
I was wrong.  There is significant corrosion near the pivots, possibly
weakening the connection of the arm to the frame.  New ones are
not available (afaik), does anybody have some from a spares car that
I could buy?  I have no I idea of the correct price....

I guess I have another option of having the originals welded and
repaired.  Is this possible.  I guess the metal is some sort of
aluminum, but which alloy?  Does it matter?  Are there shops
out there that can do this sort of repair (at a reasonable price?)

-Tony