Re: More on Rust Repair

To: bmack@direct.ca
Subject: Re: More on Rust Repair
From: KTRIUMPH@aol.com
Date: Tue, 25 Aug 1998 20:50:42 EDT
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Bryce,
Sorry dude but there is indeed an inner and an outer sill. I know as I have
welded a few of these puppies on. The inner sill is I think what you describe
below, the outer sill is a formed single piece of sheet metal and fills the
space below the door. The only car that did not use the outer sill was the
proverbial long door TR2, and the doors went all the way down to the bottom of
the sill and front fender.
Ken Nuelle
58 TR3A
62 TR3B
64 TR4

<< Nice try Steve, but there is no inner and outer sill. they are one unit
 replaced as a unit. They are made of two pieces of metal pre spot welded
 together, aligned and with one open end one closed end and the frame
 mounting tabs preinstalled.

 I can take a digital picture and e-mail it to you ir you wish.

 Bryce
 '57 TR-3 Smallmouth
 2-pieces about to be joined.....