RE: tr6 ball joints

To: "'TR6 List'" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: tr6 ball joints
From: Peter Zaborski <peterz@merak.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Aug 1998 17:30:07 -0600
I have solved the problem described in an earlier post below. Or rather
answered my questions about it. Since a few listers requested I forward my
findings, I am doing so to the list so that others may benefit.

At the suggestion of a member of the racefab list, I made up a couple of
"turntable" devices to allow me to test the steering with the suspension
weighted properly. (2 pieces of old vinyl flooring with a layer of grease in
between under each front wheel). When I tried the same test as described
below, the wheels turned quite easily by hand. I am therefore satisfied with
the ball joints I got from TRF and my subsequent installation of them. At
least so far, it's been about 2500 miles.

--- Peter Zaborski  CF58310UO  Calgary,Canada ---