Re: Speed Bleeders & torque wrenches

To: Egil Kvaleberg <egil@kvaleberg.no>
Subject: Re: Speed Bleeders & torque wrenches
From: Malcolm Walker <walker05@camosun.bc.ca>
Date: Mon, 24 Aug 1998 09:09:37 -0700 (PDT)
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
On Mon, 24 Aug 1998, Egil Kvaleberg wrote:

> > Once in a fit of
> > strength I managed to bust a bleeder on the Chevette... and I was using
> > the short wrench.  Luckily none of the TR bleeders were stuck like that
>
> The problem with the bleeders are usually that they are seized by rust. A
> suitably small axial hit with a small hammer might free them. Once their
> out, remember to ALWAYS apply a bit of copper compound on the threads
> before reassembly.

With the TR, I bleed the brakes a bit periodically (6 mos) so that nothing
is stuck.  With the Chevette, replacement parts are cheap, so I turfed the
cyl. with the stuck bleeder.  It was pretty rusty anyway.

-Malcolm
* There is a FAQ for this list!  Its temporary home is:
http://www3.bc.sympatico.ca/walker/triumph/trfaq.htm