Re: British Car Festival (ILLINOIS) [Was: 1500 Spitfire questions]

To: spitfire-enthusiast@makelist.com, Spitfires <spitfires@Autox.Team.Net>, Triumphs <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>, British Cars <british-cars@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: British Car Festival (ILLINOIS) [Was: 1500 Spitfire questions]
From: "Victor B. Michael" <vmichael@tibco.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Aug 1998 11:04:22 -0500
Kevin (and lists),

The 12th Annual British Car Festival will be held September 13th, 1998
(9 am to 4 pm, rain or shine) at Oakton Community College in Des
Plaines, Illinois.

Additional information and registration form can be found on the web at
http://www.qth.com/bcu

TEAM.NET (spitfire, triumphs & british-cars) lists already know this,
but for the spitfire-enthusiast list:

Some of us have purchased decals, graciously provided by (or stolen from
;) Joe Curry  (he's put terrific amounts of work into these).  The idea
is to identify other mail list members at shows.

Although I haven't had the opportunity to use this in a practical
setting, I look forward to seeing other listers and chatting, comparing
notes, etc. etc.

So...if you don't have a decal, make yourself some kind of banner
identifying yourself as a SPITFIRE-ENTHUSIAST mailing list member!

Also, if you're not sure whether to enter or not, I understand from my
club-mates (Illinois Sports Owners Association) that there are British
Cars of ALL STATES of (dis)repair entered, so don't be shy!!!!

I'm going to enter my poor 'ugly-duckling' (for now), just to have
people stop by. You know how us enthusiasts are; always quick to give
pointers! Trust me, I take all the help I can get!

LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING YOU THERE! (with decals or banners!)

Vic M.

--
Victor Michael                     |           vmichael@tibco.com
Systems Engineer                   |         Voice (312) 214-2327