stuck mc piston

To: <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: stuck mc piston
From: <rtriplett@bjservices.com> (Richard Triplett)
Date: Mon, 24 Aug 98 11:18:14 CDT
Well, I'm finale starting the rebuild of my '78 Spitfire, and have pulled
the brake and clutch master cylinder.   I got the piston
out of the clutch mc, but cannot free the brake which is pushed all the way
in and frozen.  I tried 125psi air, which worked on the
clutch mc, but no luck with the brake.  I soaked it in penetrating oil all
weekend, but still stuck.  Any ideas?  I was thinking of hooking up a
porta-power hydraulic pump, but maybe there's a more simple solution that
I'm overlooking.  Thanks in advance for the help.

Richard Triplett
Technical Services
Midland, Texas
915-683-2781