Re: BRITISH Aeroplanes.

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: BRITISH Aeroplanes.
From: Odd Hedberg <odd@triumphclub.se>
Date: Thu, 20 Aug 1998 21:49:36 +0200
Friends,
I think I've actually laid my hands on that Mosquito once...
It happened when my dad and his friends in The Västerås Flying
Museum staged an air show back home in Västerås a couple of years
ago.  I'm sad to hear they've crashed...

What happened was that Dad and I was asked to help in pushing
the Mosquito out from the hanger and into the pad where they
started and warmed the engines up.
Nice sound from those Merlins coughing into life! :-)

Before the Mosquito we had started the P51 "Gul Kalle" [home
base is Västerås for that one] and when we were finished with
the Mosquito it was the B17 Sally B that stood next in line to
be rolled out of the hanger and since they had no tow bar with
them we had to tow it out with the aid of tow ropes attached to
the rear wheel. Heavy work even though we were about ten people
pulling on the ropes... Nice song from those engines also...
We had really fun during the flying, tossing golf balls out when
flying past the Västerås-Ängsö Golf course... Unfortunately,
we missed the Club house... ;-)  Great plane!
BFN
/Odd

--
Odd Hedberg