Re: BRITISH Aeroplanes.

To: rstieg <rstieg@ci.bartlett.tn.us>
Subject: Re: BRITISH Aeroplanes.
From: William Davies <w.davies@virgin.net>
Date: Thu, 20 Aug 1998 18:40:37 -0700
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Hi Rick,
    I believe Kermit Weeks Mosquito is still intact, though it hasn't flown for
some years. The one which crashed killing the crew was the only one flying in
Europe. I saw it fly once at RAF St Athan Air Show in 1990, a truly moving
experience. I had been queuing in the beer tent for around 20 minutes (it was a
very hot, busy day), and as I got to the front of the queue and was about to be
served, I heard the sound of two Merlin engines coming in close, realised what
was coming in and promptly left the tent, and was very glad that I did! What a
sight and sound - absolute magic.
    The only experience which came close was seeing an Avro Vulcan (none flying
anymore) stand on it's tail and climb almost vertically! This was at the same
airshow, the last one I went to, in fact. After all, what could be better?
    Cheers,
        Bill.

--
                            This Message sent by: