BRITISH Aeroplanes.

To: <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: BRITISH Aeroplanes.
From: "rstieg" <rstieg@ci.bartlett.tn.us>
Date: Thu, 20 Aug 1998 08:43:34 -0500
On the subject of airplanes, etc. I can probably top the list. Few years
ago Memphis in May (local festival) honored Great Britain as the "host"
country. In conjunction with this, a huge airshow was held at the West
Memphis airport.  How bout a SPITFIRE (actor Cliff Robertson's Mk 9) A
HURRICANE (only a couple left flying) an ANSON (Canadian-owned trainer) and
the last surviving MOSQUITO fighter bomber. (met Kermit Weeks himself-the
owner/pilot) and assorted other 'Murican warbird iron. Shot six rolls of
film including one entire roll from the end of the runway during a massed
takeoff. (had to dodge airport security for that one)
The Mossie crashed fatally a few years back I believe. It still carried the
markings of the movie "633 Squadron".  The sound TWO Rolls-Merlins made at
full song 50 feet overhead...sigh.
rick stieg 75 Spit LF