Was: Well....No Real LBC, (except Lyin' Bill Clinton), Now: Gov fraud wa

To: passaretti@sol.med.ge.com, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Was: Well....No Real LBC, (except Lyin' Bill Clinton), Now: Gov fraud waste, & abuse??
From: cloughbt@batman.flight.wpafb.af.mil (Bruce T. Clough)
Date: Tue, 18 Aug 1998 13:01:41 -0400

>     KEVIN> There is nothing private about [...]
>
> I'll make no comment here except that it appears that I'm
> paying for you to read these mailing lists and to post this
> reply (That is a government-supplied account at NAVY.MIL, no?)
> and I'm pretty sure that's not in your job description.

MM,

Normally I say out of these things, but I have to defend Kevin here.

Our policy, and probably Kevin's, is that we can use the Internet for personal
use as long as it doesn't interfere with work, is legal, is ethical (no porn
sites), and doesn't cost taxpayer funds.  I do this on my lunch hour on a
machine that is already paid for and is using electriciy anyway (constantly
running).  Since we (DOD) begot the Internet (son of ARPANET) we don't pay
connecting fees, my typing this does not cost the taxpayers any more money,
probably less since I'm in the office able to answer phones, other email, and
generally put out small fires before they become major disasters.  I assume
Kevin is in the same situation.

Bruce Clough
cloughbt@batman.flight.wpafb.af.mil

No, I don't have an opinion about my boss except he reminds me of some of my
fraternity brothers...