GT6 VS TR7

To: "'triumphs'" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: GT6 VS TR7
From: "Theis, Karl J" <karl.j.theis@lmco.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Aug 1998 11:01:09 -0600
I need your opinions... My uncle in Iowa (I'm in Colorado) wants to trade
his '78 TR7 coupe for my '67 GT6. He has been trying to sell the TR7 and
can't find a willing victim so now he is considering donating it to the
local high school.  All it needs, he says, is fresh paint and new upholstery
on the driver's seat.  Oh, and the air conditioning doesn't work.  It has a
recently rebuilt motor and new gearbox.  My GT6 has really tired paint, rust
holes on the rear fenders arches (both sides) and body dings here and there.
Mechanically, it has new clutch/gearbox, new clutch and brake hydraulics
with SS brake hoses, Crane electronic ignition and new carpets.  If I decide
to go along with the trade,  we will pick a meeting place somewhere between
here and there, probably Omaha, and swap cars, straight up.  Any opinions?
I visited the World Wide Wedge site and there appears to be alot of info and
support for these cars.  And while I think the GT6 is a prettier car, I also
don't think the TR7 is as butt-ugly as some people think.
Any thoughts?
Karl Theis