RE: Brake Bleed Pumps

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: RE: Brake Bleed Pumps
From: Tim Gaines <mtgaines@cs1.presby.edu>
Date: Tue, 18 Aug 1998 12:36:35 -0400

>Hello,
>
>Here's a question for the masses.  I'm thinking about purchasing a brake
>bleeder pump from Victoria British.  The question I have deals with of
>the two available the MityVac or the EZ Bleed which one is better?  Or
>am I just wasting my money?  Any info would be appreciated.
>
>Jerry  -  1968 GT-6 MK1

Jerry,

I just bought the EZ Bleed from VB.  It took three tries to get the
caps on the brake mc and the fluid bottle sealed tightly (under the
pressure of a spare tire's air), but once that was done everything was
smooth as silk.  You just open the bleeder nipple and out comes the
old fluid and any air trapped in there.  I haven't tried either the
MityVac or Speed Bleeders.

Tim Gaines
1980 Spit