Re: Brake Bleed Pumps

To: Jerry <lensman@erols.com>, Triumph List <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Brake Bleed Pumps
From: Alan Myers <reagntsj@ricochet.net>
Date: Mon, 17 Aug 1998 22:26:27 -0700
Jerry,

I've been using the MityVac for years on a variety of cars and found it
works pretty well. I've noticed you can't get too agressive with it or
you may pull more air into the system. I also found on some cars it
helps to pull the bleeder screws out and wrap a little plumbers teflon
tape around the threads. If you don't, it can be hard to tell when you
have pulled all the air out of the system and are just pulling small
bubbles back in through the threads. The tool almost has too much
vacuum. I wish it came with a larger catch "tank" too.

I was surprised the MityVac worked so well. It's made out of plastic and
doesn't look a "serious tool". I'd suggest you check around locally as
I've seen the MityVac on sale. (Post Tool, I think, if you have one
nearby. No financial interest, yada yada).

I haven't used EZ Bleed.

Alan Myers
San Jose, Calif.
'62 TR4 #CT17602