TR4 finned aluminum oil pan

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: TR4 finned aluminum oil pan
From: Rikrock@aol.com
Date: Tue, 18 Aug 1998 01:25:56 EDT
Listers,

I bought a finned aluminum oil pan today.  This part, I think, was offered by
the Triumph Competition Department, but I have seen very few of them.  It is
in very good condition, with some minor damage to two or three fins.  I just
had to have it, and got it for a very good price, I think.

It is an aluminum casting, and boy, is it sturdy.  At least 3/8" thick, and
much heavier than the stock pan.  It is completely open, without any way of
preventing oil sloshing up into the crankcase.

Is anyone using this pan?  Has anyone modified it to stop oil slosh?  I have
some ideas, but I would like to hear what others have done.

Rich Rock
64 TR4
65 TR4A-IRS
67 TR4A...parts for sale