Re: GT6 Front Camber Woes 2

To: Chris Lillja <Chris_Lillja@pupress.princeton.edu>
Subject: Re: GT6 Front Camber Woes 2
From: Andrew Mace <amace@unix2.nysed.gov>
Date: Mon, 17 Aug 1998 18:19:07 -0400 (EDT)
Cc: SSwan60@aol.com, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
On Mon, 17 Aug 1998, Chris Lillja wrote:

> Could Herald upper A arms cause this? Could the ball joints be wrong? I don't
>think
> they're "handed"....

AFAIK, the upper and lower a-arms are the same across the board: Herald,
Vitesse, Spitfire and GT6. And no, the ball joints aren't handed.

Also, in regard to an earlier suggestion, the upper a-arm on the
Herald-chassis cars is in two pieces, either of which can be used on
either "front" or "back."

> Could the motor mounts be installed "wrong" causing the considerable weight
>of the motor
> to push outward on the suspension towers?

I'd sort of suggested bent suspension turrets privately; I hadn't thought
of the slim, but nonetheless real, possibility that you suggest here as a
cause for those bent turrets. Possibly even a long-ago, overexuberant
engine R&R could have caused some damage?

--Andy