Re: GT6 Front Camber Woes 2

To: SSwan60@aol.com, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: GT6 Front Camber Woes 2
From: "Chris Lillja" <Chris_Lillja@pupress.princeton.edu>
Date: Mon, 17 Aug 1998 17:06:09 EST5EDT

> Something must be wrong with my front suspension. I can’t get the
> proper camber on my front wheels (to much positive camber). I took my
> car to an alignment shop after I rebuilt the suspension and installed
> new shocks. The alignment shop told me that would need a bunch more
> shims to get the proper camber.

I don't know if it's the same car or simply the same problem -- but I've heard
this
before. Maybe a couple of times.

Has the frame been checked for straightness per the manual? You might be able
to do this
with the engine in situ....

Finding a straight frame you would want to be sure that you have the right
parts. Make
sure the vertical links aren't bent.

Could Herald upper A arms cause this? Could the ball joints be wrong? I don't
think
they're "handed"....

Could the motor mounts be installed "wrong" causing the considerable weight of
the motor
to push outward on the suspension towers?

When you find the answer to this please email the list so we can share it with
others and
perhaps add it to an FAQ...

Chris Lillja
Spit MkIV