RE: TR3 scuttle vent & ignition switch

To: JAMES_S_WALLACE <JAMES_S_WALLACE@HP-Canada-om1.om.hp.com>
Subject: RE: TR3 scuttle vent & ignition switch
From: Chuck Ackerman <CACKERMAN@aimaviation.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Aug 98 14:22:00 PDT
Cc: "'Triumphs-List'" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>

What is JB WELD?

 ----------
From:  JAMES_S_WALLACE
Sent:  Monday, August 17, 1998 5:08 PM
To:  gprtech; triumphs
Subject:  TR3 scuttle vent & ignition switch

     George,
     There is a hinge. The pin passes through three parts: the middle,
     longest cylinder or tube turns into a flap that bolts to the scuttle

     with two slot head bolts that might be 10-32. Either side of it are
     the shorter two that were welded to the vent. I hope you understand
     what I mean here. On mine, one of the two little cylinders or tubes

     had come apart from the vent. I epoxied it back on but am not
     confident about this approach. I may take it off and do it with JB
     Weld instead.
     If you can't find these parts I suspect you're pretty much out of
luck
     though.
     The above is all by memory; I could be slightly out on some details,

     but there's definitely a hinge at the back edge. (And this applies
     my post-60000 car.)
     Don't know about the ignition question.
     Regards,
     Jim Wallace
     *************************
     From: George Richardson

     On the TR3 scuttle vent, is there a hinge besides the lever that
flips
     it up and the spring? My scuttle vent looks like it might have had
one
     at the back edge, but it doesn't now.

     Also, on the ignition switch (keyswitch) is there some way to remove

     the lock cylinder without the key, or is this a closed unit?
     - --
     George Richardson