Re: Electric fuel pump wiring/plumbing

To: Chris_Lillja@pupress.princeton.edu, dstauffa@csc.com, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Electric fuel pump wiring/plumbing
From: cak@dimebank.com (Chris Kantarjiev)
Date: Mon, 17 Aug 1998 12:37:21 -0700
I use a facet/bendix "silver top" interrupter style pump, as described
in the Comp Prep manual.

Inertial pump shutoffs can be had from Moss, as well as others.  I
bought one for my GT6 and had to rework it considerably; it is really
designed to control a relay, not a load (the supplied wiring harness is
about 20 gauge wire, too small to safely carry the load required by a
fuel pump). I have been told that the MGB had a inertial shutoff switch
that is readily available and cheap (Moss wants $60). Never tracked
this down, because I haven't needed another.

        Can anyone recomend a good "primer" to get me started working
        with AN fittings?

You want Prepare to Win, and Nuts, Bolt, Plumbing and Fasteners, both
by Carroll Smith. But do you really want to do all this with AN? You're
adding a lot of expense for questionable benefit (on a street car).