Re: Electric fuel pump wiring/plumbing

To: "Chris Lillja" <Chris_Lillja@pupress.princeton.edu>, <dstauffa@csc.com>, <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>, <cak@dimebank.com>
Subject: Re: Electric fuel pump wiring/plumbing
From: "Irv Korey" <emanteno@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Aug 1998 15:54:32 -0500
> From: Chris Lillja <Chris_Lillja@pupress.princeton.edu>

> I'm Weberizing my '66 TR4A , and after some thought, I've decided to go
the whole hog and
> redo my fuel system from the tank forward. I have a nice Mallory fuel
pressure regulator,
> a 0-15psi fuel gauge, and I'm shopping for a nice elec. fuel pump. (I'll
probably use a
> Holley 7psi "street", but if anyone has any suggestions... Facet?

Whichever pump you choose, make sure it is compatible with your fuel, if
you are in an area that receives special EPA attention. In the Chicago
area, we only get oxygenated fuel, which has attacked and ruined 2
interupter style (thump thump thump) fuel pumps in a very shorttime. I am
now using the Facet electronic pump, which states on the label that it is
compatible with all gasolines and additives.

> What I can't seem to find is an inertial fuel pump shut off. Which one do
the TR5-6 PI
> folks use? Any one got a part number?

Moss Motors sells an inertia cutoff switch for electric fuel pumps, cost
somewhere around $65.00.

Irv Korey
74 TR6 CF22767U
66 TR4A CT52499