Re: Triumph, Re: Spit List

To: "Eric A. Yates" <eyates@earth.nwu.edu>
Subject: Re: Triumph, Re: Spit List
From: "Victor B. Michael" <vmichael@tibco.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Aug 1998 09:45:36 -0500
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Hi Eric,

The spit list has about 1/4 the traffic of this list. This I suppose, is
roughly proportionate to the number of triumph-to-spitfire enthusiasts.
I currently belong to 4 lists and have come up with some creative mail
filtering devices...not creative enough as I still have LOTS of mail
that really doesn't apply to me. Although, even off-Spitfire-topic posts
to the lists do help me, others - well.  Let's just say if you read
something from a non-Spitfire list, ask lots of questions about the
posting to determine if it will help you.

Depending on what you want to learn or need help with, I say join as
many lists as you can and delete mail that does not interest you.

Here are the lists I belong to:

(subscribe to these by sending an email to majordomo@autox.team.net with
the words 'subscribe <listname>' in the body)

        british-cars@autox.team.net
        triumphs@autox.team.net
        spitfires@autox.team.net

(subscribe to this one by sending an email to
spitfire-enthusiast-subscribe@makelist.com with 'subscribe' as the
subject)

        spitfire-enthusiast@makelist.com

        (this one does not have a high volume of traffic)

-- Hurry up and get your Spit! We need to go on a tour of the North
Shore! --

Eric A. Yates wrote:

[snip]

> Wouldn't it be redundant to belong to both the Spit list and this list? I
> would think most or all Spit folks would also post here.

[snip]

--
Regards,

Vic

Victor Michael                 |       vmichael@tibco.com
Systems Engineer               |     Voice (312) 214-2327
TIBCO Finance Technology Inc.  |     Pager (800) 759-8888
CTS, Chicago                   |             Pin# 1583904
'77 Spitfire (fm62959u) http://www.enteract.com/~vmichael