Volvo thermostat dimensions

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Volvo thermostat dimensions
From: JAMES_S_WALLACE@HP-Canada-om1.om.hp.com
Date: Sun, 16 Aug 1998 21:33:44 -0400
     I know this topic seems to have been beaten to death, but I have just
     now gotten around to digging up my old Volvo skirted thermostat that
     fits in the TR3.
     By eye, when it opens, the skirt drops by about 6.3 mm, and the
     diameter of the opening is 37 mm. According to earlier messages, this
     makes it an ideal candidate for the TR3 (TR4 too I guess; same
     engine).
     The bad news is that I can find no trace of a part number anywhere. I
     do know that this thermostat came from a Volvo B20B engine, which was
     used from about 1964-1974 in the 122, 223, P1800, and 140 series. Of
     course, it may not be an original Volvo part.
     Whoever was looking for this information - if you haunt wrecking yards
     I think there are still plenty of these cars in there, especially the
     140 series. The 240s won't do; they had different engines.
     If someone is interested enough and has the time, maybe they can
     source these through Volvo. Yes, that would be a very humanitarian
     thing to do.

     Jim Wallace