Re: Volvo thermostat dimensions

To: JAMES_S_WALLACE@HP-Canada-om1.om.hp.com, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Volvo thermostat dimensions
From: ArthurK101@aol.com
Date: Sun, 16 Aug 1998 22:28:39 EDT
In a message dated 98-08-16 21:34:45 EDT, JAMES_S_WALLACE@HP-Canada-
om1.om.hp.com writes:

> The bad news is that I can find no trace of a part number anywhere. I
>       do know that this thermostat came from a Volvo B20B engine, which was
>       used from about 1964-1974 in the 122, 223, P1800, and 140 series. Of
>       course, it may not be an original Volvo part.
>       Whoever was looking for this information - if you haunt wrecking yards
>       I think there are still plenty of these cars in there, especially the
>       140 series. The 240s won't do; they had different engines.
>       If someone is interested enough and has the time, maybe they can
>       source these through Volvo. Yes, that would be a very humanitarian
>       thing to do.
>
>       Jim Wallace

Jim et. al.  Great!  I'll check the local parts store (former Triumph dealer
and TR garage in the '60's) tomorrow.  This gives me more of a lead.  As I
said earlier, the "old timer" there and I looked at 4 or 5 new replacement
skirted thermostats from Volvos and VWs last year.  We need to get one of
these babies and actually/physically compare it to a TR3/4/4A skirted
thermostat.  Tony Rhodes and I are on the case as we speak.  More to come.  We
will solve this.  (BTW - Don't forget the $27 Jag thermostat which Jack Brooks
says works.)  Cheers.

Art Kelly