TR4 Water Pump Rebuild. What should I do?

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: TR4 Water Pump Rebuild. What should I do?
From: Will Daehler <wdaehler@execpc.com>
Date: Sun, 16 Aug 1998 19:24:30 +1200
This is not a case of shipwrights disease.  My engine rebuild is going
smoothly now, and the parts are flying on.  I would put on the water
pump in a heartbeat if it was OK.  But its not.

A rebuild kit is $45; a brand new one from Moss is $96.25.  Maybe
someone has an extra one.

Does anyone on the list have any gems to share about water pumps.  Like
is the equivalent part is available from NAPA; or the rebuild kit is
really only two ball bearings and a rubber washer available at the
corner harware store?

Or what the quality is of the Moss pump?

Will Daehler
63 TR4 CT25340