TR6 Rocker Cover Gasket

To: <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: TR6 Rocker Cover Gasket
From: canada <canada@voyageronline.net>
Date: Sun, 16 Aug 98 13:38:26 -0000
Rookie of the week question:

I bought a new rocker cover gasket from TRF (part # GEG413) to install
after a valve adjustment on my '76 6.  When I try to fit it into the
groove in the rocker cover, the gasket seems too large by about a quarter
inch in both dimensions.  There doesn't seem to be any way to place it
without it deflecting somewhere else.  Should I be placing it on the head
first?  Should I cut it?  I only see one part # in the TRF catalog for
rocker cover gaskets so I assume I have the right part.  Finally, what's
the conventional wisdom on using Form-A-Gasket to hold a new cork gasket
in place?

Any answers greatly appreciated.

Ian CF 57345U