Re: how fast will a tr6 go?

To: CCampb8169@aol.com
Subject: Re: how fast will a tr6 go?
From: Jeff Johnson <jguy@erinet.com>
Date: Sat, 15 Aug 1998 21:56:13 -0400
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Cole:
I've not timed my TR6 in a quarter-mile race so I can't really tell you any
times
for that, but when I had owned it for about 2 years (bought it new), I could do
110 mph on a long enough straight away. Never timed it to that speed, but I was
not into fastest times from point A to point B.  The best part was the way it
handled at speed. My previous experience was limited to '67 Satellites, '70 Hemi
'Cudas and '68 Mustangs with built-up 390 cid motors. Their front ends always
seemed to get quite squirrely at speed.
Not so the TR6. It was just as smooth at top end as 70 mph. What a car! No
wonder
I still have it.

Jeff Johnson
'76 TR6