TR6: Little Low End Miss Persists

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: TR6: Little Low End Miss Persists
From: "M. Secrest" <msecrest@erols.com>
Date: Sat, 15 Aug 1998 20:06:59 -0400
OK, now it's getting personal.

The '72 TR6 I've had for a month has a low end miss (yeah, I bought it that
way); from
idle to about 2500 rpm, it's sputtery -- at higher revs it smooths out just
fine.  The
idle also tends to float around -- mostly upward -- and I can be sitting at
stoplight
and the idle can capriciously rise from 800 to 1200 rpm.  At the suggestion of
another
lister (thanks Bob), I have been chasing down vaccuum leaks; I replaced all the
emissions hoses to the carbs/valve cover/carbon canister to no avail. I
suspected the
throttle shafts, but there's no problem there.  Ditto the carb diaphragms.  I
brushed
out the K&N air filters - but they weren't really dirty to begin with.

I'm running out of ideas, kids ...

--
Martin Secrest
72 TR6