TR-4A - Flushing brake lines, how to?

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: TR-4A - Flushing brake lines, how to?
From: John Cowan <jfcowan@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 13 Aug 1998 11:06:58 -0700
     I plan to flush the brake lines on my TR-4A with alcohol before
reinstalling the Master Cylinder.  The best approach would seem to be
disconnecting one line from its slave cylinder, starting from the farthest
most, flushing out the open line, reconnecting it and then moving on to the
next.  Then, when all four have been done and reconnected, opening up the
bleed valves one at a time on the slave cylinders to flush them out, too.
Then, repeating the whole process with fresh brake fluid, using the
reinstalled MC.
    The question is, what can I use initially to pump the alcohol through
the system?  I don't want to use the MC, since I only want to put brake
fluid into it.  Any suggestions would be appreciated.
    Thanks.
John Cowan
Visit - In Their Own Words Website - an on-line non-commercial publishing
experiment, plus articles, movie reviews and Left/Progressive links at:
                           http://home.earthlink.net/~jfcowan