Apple Hydraulics Report and Thanks - Old Business

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Apple Hydraulics Report and Thanks - Old Business
From: John Cowan <jfcowan@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 13 Aug 1998 10:52:37 -0700
Cc: JAMES_S_WALLACE@HP-Canada-om1.om.hp.com, Charles Miller <cmiller@flash.net>, Peter Zaborski <peterz@merak.com>, John Duhart <duhart@symbol.com>, Andy <adixon@loudoun.com>, drew@pixar.com, stu.jo@ibm.net, Dave Brackin <dbrackin@worldnet.att.net>, "M. W. Jordan, Jr." <mw_jordan@mindspring.com>, fred thomas <vafred@erols.com>, Brian Borgstede <borgstede@umsl.edu>
    Many thanks to all who offered recommendations on Apple Hydraulics and
White Post for hydraulic cylinder rebuilds.  Please excuse the delay and
the mailing list response.
    I had the the TR-4A master cylinders and clutch slave cylinder rebuilt
by Apple Hydraulics.  Price and technical support have been fine (including
a discussion with Bob, the owner).  The cylinders came back looking
beautiful.  I haven't had a chance to try them out yet, but plan to set
them up on the bench and verify that they work before reinstalling them.
   There were two minor problems.  The lids had not been properly cleaned,
so I washed them with isopropal alcohol.  And the package they arrived in
had been crushed in transit by the folks at UPS.
   I'll post another report after bench testing the units.
John Cowan

Visit - In Their Own Words Website - an on-line non-commercial publishing
experiment, plus articles, movie reviews and Left/Progressive links at:
                           http://home.earthlink.net/~jfcowan