Re: Spitfire clutch job

To: "Andrew Lindeman" <drfaustus@london.crosswinds.net>, <spitfires@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Spitfire clutch job
From: "Lawrence R Zink" <zink@pdq.net>
Date: Wed, 12 Aug 1998 01:16:41 -0500charset="iso-8859-1"
Cc: <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Andrew,
If you engage the tranny in 1st gear and rotate the tail shaft, you will
rotate the input shaft to align the splines to the crank shaft splines.
This is a definite 2 man job.  You can install two long bolts in the upper
part of the case to facilitate alignment then rotate the shaft while pushing
it into place, this will keep the tranny aligned while you align the
splines.

I hope this helps.

Larry Zink
Z Group Racing and Performance