re:Clunk in TR6 front end

To: John Worthy <jworthy@pcug.org.au>, Triumph list <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: re:Clunk in TR6 front end
From: Brian Kemp <bk13@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 11 Aug 1998 18:35:24 -0700
I had a clunking/rubbing that developed in the right front area
on my recent trip to Canada.  It was intermittent, speed
dependent, and disappeared with gentle application of the
brakes.  I swapped the brake pads, inside/outside and the sound
went away.  In the near future I need to get the disks surfaced.
I did not do this when I replaced the pads last year.  This was a
simple test and eliminated the sound, letting me know I didn't
have a worse problem.  Good news since I was 1500 miles from
home.

Brian Kemp
72 TR6