Re: Clunk in TR6 front end

To: reagntsj@ricochet.net, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Clunk in TR6 front end
From: "R. John Lye" <rjl6n@virginia.edu>
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 1998 08:12:24
Hi Alan,
     You asked:

>Has anyone
>retrofitted an earlier 4 with this or other kind of adjustable system?

Many racers, including myself, have made adjustable upper A-arms
for our TR-4's.  Its not for the faint of heart, though.  What we've
done is to cut off the inner end of the upper A-arms, and weld in
an internally threaded piece.  Into this we mount a heim joint
(aka spherical rod end, rose joint) of the appropriate size to fit
the upper pivot link, and add shims to locate it on the pivot.  If
you do this, make sure that your welding is good!  The camber is adjustable
by screwing the heim joint into or out from the threaded piece.

R. John Lye

'59 TR-3A; '62 TR-4; '70 GT-6+
Palmyra, VA  USA

rjl6n@Virginia.edu