My turn in the corner...

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: My turn in the corner...
From: "Chris Lillja" <Chris_Lillja@pupress.princeton.edu>
Date: Tue, 11 Aug 1998 13:16:19 EST5EDT
Let's say that you recently received some competition pushrods that were on
backorder for
6 months from TRF.

You get ready to go for a ride Sunday night and when you start her up, you just
can't
stand the valve clatter from shimming up the rocker assemby. So hey you think
"I'll just
whip off the valve cover, pull out the shims, switch to the new shorter
pushrods
(which measure out perfectly) and I'll be on my way."

But in your haste, you remove the old pushrods too quickly, and the 20w 50
Castrol GTX is
quite viscous, and the lifters are 'lifted" out of the bores and are now
scattered about
the lifter wells....hidden under the head.

...then it would be your turn to sit in the corner.

Or write on the blackboard a le Bartman-- "I will not not rush, I will not
rush."

After three hours of fiddling with magnets and coat hangers through the pushrod
tubes,
all but three are back in their respective bores. Sigh.
Christopher M.Lillja
Marketing Associate
Princeton University Press
Tel:609 258 4900