Re: tree gook

To: "Gambony, Jim" <jim.gambony@eds.com>
Subject: Re: tree gook
From: fred thomas <vafred@erols.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Aug 1998 08:20:14 -0700
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Gambony, Jim wrote:

> Tim, (and all)
>
> Laquer thinner will ruin a good paint finish.  It's a strong solvent... and
> it will leave permanent spots in the paint.. (ask me how I know :-(
>
> My friend swears  by "Color Back" (don't know the manufacturer) which is
> sold by the local auto parts stores.
>
> Laquer thinner is great for removing tar and stuff from chrome, glass,
> aluminum, etc.  Just keep it away from paint!
>
> Jim

NAPA = # 6383 Kleanz-easy = Home Depot - Oops - any auto parts store -
tar remover, there are just about a hundred cleaners that will remove it
very easy, and much better than polish or compound. Never under any
circumstance use lacquer thinner on a car for any thing to do with
cleaning any part of the car, it is a paint thinner and only a paint
thinner. It will also burn and explode as easy as "GAS", not very good
for your lungs either, thats why you should use a mask when working with
it.