Re: Triumph - Trunnions (Lower Steering Swivels)

To: "Bud Rolofson" <Bud_Rolofson@nps.gov>, <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Triumph - Trunnions (Lower Steering Swivels)
From: "Lawrence R Zink" <zink@pdq.net>
Date: Mon, 10 Aug 1998 12:25:16 -0500charset="iso-8859-1"
Bud,
The "recommended" lube is gear oil, but the grease that is used today is far
superior to the grease that was used 20 years ago.  Don't worry, the
trunnions will be fine, especially if the shop is using a synthetic grease.
With the infusion of molybdenum disulfide that most lubes have today, you
are probably better off.  Not to mention that they don't wash out the way
old greases did.

Larry Zink
Z Group Racing and Performance
1964 Spitfire4