Re: brake line bending? dim bulbs? am I out of gas yet?

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: brake line bending? dim bulbs? am I out of gas yet?
From: Neil <neilg@banet.net>
Date: Sat, 08 Aug 1998 10:26:21 -0400
Geezer:

Rather ambitious agenda for the day, but good luck.  Regarding the brake
lines, bending them is no problem, but a tube bender may make the final
product look a little nicer.  Pre-bent lines are available, but I did
mine with ordianry tubing and it works fine.

The fuel gauge sender is a variable resistor that runs between the gauge
and ground.  Check first that you are getting power to the B terminal on
the gauge, then disconnect the wire at the T terminal of the gauge and
check it's resistance to ground with an ohm meter.  If the tank is full,
it should read around 80 to 90 ohms, if half-full, around 40-45 etc.  If
you get no connection (open circuit), check the ground at the sender on
the tank.  There's an excellent article on the fuel system in the
Vintage Triumph newsletter of Nov(or around there) 1997.

Good luck
Neil Gallagher
1960 TR3A