Re: light bulbs FACTORY RALLY CARS

To: jmwagner <jmwagner@greenheart.com>
Subject: Re: light bulbs FACTORY RALLY CARS
From: Malcolm Walker <walker05@camosun.bc.ca>
Date: Fri, 7 Aug 1998 19:40:09 -0700 (PDT)
Cc: "Philip E. Barnes" <peb3@cornell.edu>, Triumph Newsgroup <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
On Fri, 7 Aug 1998, jmwagner wrote:

> Why build up the generator and then make a smaller pulley?     Seems like
>you're
> defeating some of your efforts?

I think a smaller pulley would make the generator / alternator run faster,
and thus would "keep going" at slow speeds.

I need a smaller pulley for the alternator conversion in my TR4 (yeah Dan,
I know they're all generators... but for the sake of clarity, I'm
differentiating them)-- sometimes when there's a draw on the system and I
drop the revs too low, the red light will glow, and usually won't go out
unless I 'blip' the throttle.

-Malcolm