it lives! it lives!

To: The Usual Suspects <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: it lives! it lives!
From: Malcolm Walker <walker05@camosun.bc.ca>
Date: Fri, 7 Aug 1998 19:43:39 -0700 (PDT)

After a year of hibernation, the TR4 growls again.  Popped a yummy new
battery in and hooked up all the relevant dash connections... and cranked,
cranked, cranked, the engine.

Finally fired after I pulled the plugs and wiped them clean.  I suspect
they had oil residue (that I had squirted into the cyl's before storage)

Unfortunately the new battery didn't solve my sluggish cranking.  So I
will probably drop the starter off this weekend and see if it can be
serviced.  Is there a routine maintenance to do to the starter?  Lube,
clean, check?  I don't have a factory manual (but ought to get one...) so
I cast this one out to the list.

-Malcolm
'62 TR4 (snarl)