TR6 fuel system mods

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: TR6 fuel system mods
From: Brian Borgstede <borgstede@umsl.edu>
Date: Fri, 7 Aug 1998 14:02:14 -0500
>a standard chevy style clear fuel filter just before the carbs finishes the
>job.

This is  very helpful diagnostic tool.

>PS,  if you ever run out of gas (never, ever happened to me so I'm just
>guessing, ok?) an electric pump is much much easier to prime.

In normal oporation, the electric pump makes a fluttering sound.
when you run out of fuel, the pump starts to hammer as it sucks air
from the tank.  For a while my guage was brooken and I had the
pump mounted on the trunk floor.  When I heard the knocking on
left turns, time to go get gas.

          NEW E-MAIL ADDRESS:    borgstede@umsl.edu

Brian Borgstede                 I
Telecommunications Engineer,                    I       '68 Triumph
University of Missouri, St. Louis       I
Instructional Technology Center I          TR-250
Phone:  (314) 516-6433          I
Fax:  (314) 516-5294            I