A question of TR6 tuning

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: A question of TR6 tuning
From: John Worthy <jworthy@pcug.org.au>
Date: Sat, 08 Aug 1998 08:35:15 +1000
In another message I posted to the list I mentioned my trip back from
Sydney.  I was cruising mostly  between 2600 - 2800 rpm in o/d top for
nearly 2.5 hrs.  I had to slow down because of traffic when going up a
hill.  This put me down to around 2000 rpm.  When I tried to accelerate
from there the motor bogged down and seemed as though it was going to die.
I changed into 3rd and with more revs and more throttle the LBC picked up
speed.  Has anyone come across this before?

Later on the car would happily accelerate from 2000 but this was after my
overall crusing speed had dropped for a while.

This reminded me of a two stroke trail bike I had where, if you cruised at
a steady speed for a while and you tried to accelerate, it would build a
deposit on the spark plug and the motor would die.

John
72 TR6