Re: radiators

To: "triumph list" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>, "Shane F. Ingate" <triumph@shiseis.com>
Subject: Re: radiators
From: "DON BOYD, JOAN IKOMA" <dbji@whidbey.net>
Date: Wed, 5 Aug 1998 23:04:43 -0700
Shane;
        I think we are talking about two different things. I had a simular
conversation with my rad guy. The plan he sugested was for a special core
done by a company that did custom work,specializing in gettin more heat out
of the core with the same dimensions. There are MORE rows now in the
roadster(packed closer and with more fins per inch), the same # of rows on
the hanomag(but again more fins) . Anyway , improvements in cooling to the
roadster could be from a clean rad, but the hanomag original was whistle
clean and the differance was dramatic with the new rad!!  If these were
cores that would only work with high presure/ temp I would have had
problems. I may have used the term "high efficency" out of context with
current usage. I know there are many rad options avalible, and many of them
are MUCH cheaper. On TR's , I don't really see   problems that a new
standard rad  can't handle outside of the racetrack.  In these two cars
situations, I had reason to specify a higher heat rejection rate. If by
"high effiency" your rad guy was meaning" the core is designed to do more
with less " so to speak,  I agree with you ;dont do it. Most rad recores on
the cars I work on cost $150-185. $350 was very high but in this
application, the correct solution.

Don Boyd

> From: Shane F. Ingate <triumph@shiseis.com>
> To: dbji@whidbey.net
> Cc: kehrlich@dyax.com; triumphs@autox.team.net
> Subject: Re: radiators
> Date: Tuesday, August 04, 1998 10:06 AM
>
> Don Boyd wrote:
>     > Sorry to take so long to reply; I was out of town untill yesterday.
In