Re: New Car/New Problem (TR6)

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: New Car/New Problem (TR6)
From: "Theodore R. Stevens" <stevens@erols.com>
Date: Wed, 05 Aug 1998 09:43:34 -0400
On Tue, 04 Aug 1998 Martin Secrest wrote:
[snip]
>But the car has a small problem in the low rpms.  It runs perfectly well
>above 2,000 rpm, but it's a bit sputtery getting there.  In my history
>of TR ownership, this is sort of a new one to me.  I'm generally not
>inclined to first suspect carb misadjustments, but this one seems to fit
>the bill.  Thoughts?

I had a very similar problem with my '74 TR6.  It turned out to be 2
marginal spark plug wires.  Misfire at low revs, but apparently the voltage
was high enough at high revs to blast through.  Replaced the 2 wires with
spares, still need to do the whole set ( I figure the other 4 are about
ready to go as well)
---
Ted Stevens     stevens@erols.com
74 TR6          Gaithersburg, MD