Re: DOT / Takin' Bob's Car for a Ride

To: "Robert M. Lang" <lang@isis.mit.edu>, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: DOT / Takin' Bob's Car for a Ride
From: tomomalley@hey.net (Tom O'Malley)
Date: Tue, 04 Aug 1998 03:06:04 GMT
Crazy Bob writes...

>Hi All,
>
>In catchup mode again... or is that ketchup?
>
>Hey, glad you took the car for a spin. I was wondering why I only got 13 MPG
>on that first tank out to Minnesconsin... ;-)

He he...hey!...we never started your car...Henry and I hadda *push*
the durn thing. :-)

>Maybe next year we can have a hillclimb as part of the DOT festivities: if
>you want to enter the show, you have to drive up the hill to the old mansion
>in under 25 seconds or something. Hmmm. It would piss off the neighbors, but
>it would sure be a great Last Day of Triumph at Larz Anderson!

Oops?  It this event going away?

>See ya,
>rml
>
>p.s. the Jag guys specifically asked me not to show up at their national in
>Boxboro. I wonder why? ;-)

Ah!  We all got those letters, actually.  Even me with my spastic
Spit. :-)  Story I got was that the next Jag slalom event is also
their concours and they wanted to keep it all "Jag-war".  Nothing
personal against Triumph, Austin or even Chebby owners. :-)

BTW...your runs at the slalom were incredible.  I started writing a
post slalom report but a small family crisis kept me from completion.
<sigh>

To wit:

"Bob Lang was exactly as I pictured him to be.  He arrived on the seen
fashionably late, looking like a cross between a seasoned
photojournalist and trained assassin.    He pulled up alone in his
sun-ripened TR6 replete with two racing tires wedged in the passenger
seat, top down of course.   We exchanged greetings but he didn't spend
much time talking...he had stuff to do...*serious* stuff! "

 :-)

Cheers!
Tom O'Malley in Southbridge Massachusetts
'74, '77 Spits