Group wisdom needed...

To: Triumph List <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Group wisdom needed...
From: Alan Myers <reagntsj@ricochet.net>
Date: Sun, 02 Aug 1998 23:45:23 -0700
My TR4's rear axle seals are shot. I have got all the parts on order on
order, but have run up against at least one hub that is very solidly
frozen on. I don't have the special Triumph rear hub remover. Has anyone
else overcome this problem? I have a heavy puller with arms & hooks that
will fit over the outer edge of the hub, but I'm worried too much
yanking may distort the hub or worse.

On a related note, has anyone successfully udpated rear or front axle
seals to a more modern design?

I have just posted a list of parts wanted at the VTR classified area...
I'm duplicating it here in hopes someone out there has or knows of some
of these parts:

1. TR4 Rack & Pinion steering (really only need a good pinion & lower
bush)

2. Gearbox with Overdrive, in rebuildable to good condition.

3. Front anti-sway bar (prefer 3/4" diameter or close to it.)

4. Large (16 row?) oil cooler

5. TR4A style wishbone mounts (adjustable style)

I realize some of these parts are available as NOS or remanufactured.
Just thought I'd try this first.

Thanx,

Alan Myers
San Jose, Calif.